Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Do I look like I was born yesterday?

     When the boys are home sick from school I let them play the Wii while sitting on the couch...gone are the days when I was thrilled with a new coloring book!  Cason was up most of the night coughing and looking miserable and he slept in this morning, which for him is a miracle!  When I asked him how he felt this morning he told me he felt good and he wanted to go to school...but after awhile his little brain hatched a plan and he came up to me all pitiful and sad and said "Mom, I'm not really sure if I feel sick or not...does that mean I can play the Wii before school?"
    Yeah...I just shot him the look...you know the one...the look that says, "Really?  You really think that's going to work?"
He turned dejectedly and went back downstairs to get ready for school.
Is this the point where I start saying "I wasn't born yesterday"

3 comments:

  1. No its the point where you tickle them and say YES you can play the wii just for being super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Aunt Suzy, you are obviously a grandma AKA SPOILER! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, can't blame the boy for trying, his daddy would have been fooled =)

    ReplyDelete